Serves: 4 Prep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 700 g beef mince
- 1 large butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into thin slices
- olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 115 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frypan or saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes, over medium to high heat.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- To prepare the lasagne, alternate layers of pumpkin slices with layers of the meat sauce in a baking dish. Continue making layers until you’ve used all of the ingredients.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (or until pumpkin is soft) in the preheated oven.
Recipe supplied by Fit and Fresh Australia