Skirt Steaks with Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
Ingredients for the Skirt Steak
- 2 x skirt steaks
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground coffee (optional)
- ½ tbsp paprika
- zest of 1 lime
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the fresh mango salsa
- 3 mangoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup packed coriander leaves, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Mix the chilli powder, ground coffee, paprika, lime zest, sea salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the steaks with the coffee mixture and let rest for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mango salsa and chill.
- Grill the steaks on the preheated grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or as desired.
- Let the steaks rest for about 5 minutes, then slice.
- Serve the sliced steak with the mango salsa.