Steak and Cucumber Salad Recipe
Serves: 2 Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 800 g sirloin steak (or your favourite kind of steak)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos*
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to 180 Celsius.
- Season the steak to taste with sea salt and black pepper, and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic with some of the coconut oil for 1 minute in a small saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, lime juice and water, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often, and boil for 2 minutes. Then remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Grill the steak in a covered grill for 5 minutes on each side (or as desired).
- Cut the steak into thin strips, arrange the cucumbers on a platter, and top with the sliced steak and sauce.
* substitute coconut aminos with soy sauce if you can’t find it in your supermarket.
Recipe supplied by Fit and Fresh Australia