By Lynsey Fraser
Health and Fitness Professional/Personal Trainer
I promise they taste waaaaaay better than they sound. These brownies are free of gluten and refined sugar and are actually delicious – still don’t believe me – make a batch. You’re welcome.
Serves: 4-6 Prep: 30 min. Cook: 20 to 30mins
- 2 cups of baked sweet potato, skinned peeled and mashed.
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut meal (blitz hazelnuts in food processor until smooth – voila! )
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 whole egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth ( the hazel nuts will be a little crunchy but totally works when cooked )
- Grease and line a backing tin ( I use coconut oil spray and then dust with coconut flour )
- Spoon the mixture into each tin ( this makes 12 small brownie for me)
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes turning occasionally.
- When the Brownies are firm to the touch in the middle, remove them from the heat and cool them on a wire tray. Store in a cool dry place in and airtight tin (if they last long enough to store).