Serves: 4 Prep: 25 min. Cook: 12 min.
- 450 g thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled minced
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 115 g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups rapini (or broccoli or kale) chopped
- olive oil
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar (there’s no actual rice in it)
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak strips to the marinade, gently toss to combine, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan placed over a medium to high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Add the steak and garlic to the pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the steak and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, rapini (broccoli or kale) and reserved marinade, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the steak to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by Fit and Fresh Australia