GET READY FOR SUMMER WORKOUT
By Rosemary Marchese
Editor, B.A. Applied Sci (Physiotherapist)
30 minutes. Yep, that’s all you need (or thereabouts) to start getting ready for Summer. You just need to be consistent with your training and you will get results. No need to get emotional about it. Just be mechanical about it. Just GET ON WITH IT!
- Starting out? Aim for 3 x 12 reps for each exercise.
- Had a bit of practice? Aim for 4 x 12 reps for each exercise.
- Got your stuff sorted as a bit of a pro? Aim for 5 x 12 reps.
For this session, the more advanced you are the longer you will train (a little different to my typical workouts that are all the same length).
5 Minute warm-up
(repeat each circuit 3-5 times depending on experience level – see above).
- Jump ups
- Lunge Knee Up (step back and then bring knee up and forward)
- Plank – moving from elbows to hands
- Squat abduction (alternate sides)
- Static Lunges
- Side Plank (left) – hold for 12 seconds
- Push Ups
- Side Plank (right) – hold for 12 seconds
- Bent Over Row
- Shoulder Press
- Ab Side Reaches
- Bicep Curl
- Cool down and stretch.