Quinoa with Peanut Chicken Skewers
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 min Cook: 8-12 min
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup low-salt chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- Special equipment: bamboo skewers
- Combine peanut butter, chicken stock, lime juice, soy sauce and honey in a small saucepan.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When peanut butter has melted, season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- To cook quinoa, simply stir it into boiling water, cover and simmer over low heat until done.
- The ratio is 1 cup of uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of liquid.
- Preheat grill.
- Chop the chicken breast into chunks and thread onto skewers.
- Brush both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until it is browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Serve with the peanut sauce and quinoa.
Recipe supplied by Fit and Fresh Australia