Tomato Florentine Soup Recipe
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and sliced in half
- 1½ cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, placed over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and carrot until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender.
- Add the coconut milk, and blend again.
- Season to taste and serve.